V & T Historical Narrative
Following local sale of most of the railway's structures and properties, scrappers cleared out the remaining shop machinery. The rails between Reno and Minden were finally removed and the famous V. & T. became a legend. The building stored seven of the surviving V. & T. cars and a locomotive for several years. Offered for sale in 1952, the shop was sold in 1955 to Mr. Paul Louis Larquier. Mrs. Omer Wolf and Mr. Paul Larquier inherited the building from their father in 1958; Mr. Paul Larquier in October 1990 was sole owner of the shop building and property. While briefly rented to the U. S. Geological Survey and Hodges Transportation, Inc. for automotive testing through the late 1960's, the building was unoccupied from circa 1970.
To be continued . . .